Springfield Theatre Centre's Summer Camps 2021!
SPRINGFIELD THEATRE CENTRE SUMMER CAMPS 2021!
- For students entering 3rd grade through 9th grade
- 2 one-week long sessions
- Full days – camp runs Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM with doors open at 7:30 AM and closing at 5:30 PM
- Only 40 campers at each camp (space is limited)
- Camp will be held at Sacred Heart – Griffin High School (1200 W. Washington St.) to allow for greater social distancing and a mix of indoor and shaded outdoor activities
- Small Group Sizes (each group will consist of 10 campers total)
- One Teacher and Teacher Assistant per group. Teachers and TAs will remain with their assigned group throughout the week.
- Each group will have a designated classroom and outdoor space. Groups will be kept socially distanced
- Each group will prepare and perform their own one-act play
- Classes focused on drama, improv, character development, prop making, set painting and design, and some dance.
- Final performance of each play will be filmed and streamed to families free of charge
- Camp will be held at SHG (1200 West Washington) with designated spaces for each group
- Lunch will be eaten outside (weather permitting) and lunch times will be staggered. Inside lunch will be in designated group classroom
- Two separate pick up and drop off places. All campers will have their temperature taken and be asked symptom screening questions upon arrival
- Per CDC recommendations, campers and staff who are vaccinated will not have to wear masks. Proof of vaccination will be needed on the first day of camp. Campers and staff who are not vaccinated will be required to wear masks at all time (except when eating).
- CDC guidelines will be followed at all times
- Students should bring a mask, extra mask, travel-size hand sanitizer, 2 water bottles (filled), sunscreen, lunch, snack and backpack, bag, or small container to in which to keep their items
Registration for both sessions has closed.
All camp requirements have been developed and written according to CDC recommendations as of June 2021. Should new information or guidelines be issued anytime before or during the camp, STC may adjust the camp policies and requirements accordingly. A more detailed explanation of the Summer Camp COVID policies and other camp procedures can be found by clicking below.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.