Fun Home Auditions
Saturday, August 13 2022
Auditions for STC’s Fun Home will be held at the Hoogland Center for the Arts on Saturday August 13th.
Directed by Joe-Michael Jackson and Ginny Racette
9:00 AM-10:00 AM: CHILDREN’S AUDITIONS.
- Children ages 6-18 will be allowed to audition for Children’s roles (Small Alison, Christian, and John)
- Children will be taught a section of “Come to the Fun Home” by our vocal director and choreographer during auditions.
- Anyone who wants to be considered for Small Alison must also sign up for one of the adult audition time slots and should be prepared to sing “Ring of Keys” from the show.
11:00 AM-12:00 PM: ADULT ROLES AND SMALL ALISON AUDITIONS.
12:30 PM-1:30 PM: ADULT ROLES AND SMALL ALISON AUDITIONS.
- Auditionees will be asked to sing a prepared song selection, preferably from the show. We will have the entire Fun Home score if you are singing something from the show, or you can bring your own cut. (Anyone singing a song that is not from Fun Home should bring his/her own sheet music.)
- Auditionees that are interested in being considered for the role of Small Alison should be prepared to sing “Ring of Keys” as their audition song
- Auditionees will be asked to do cold readings from preselected audition scenes
If needed, callbacks will be held on Sunday, August 14th and may include some movement audition.
- Adults that are interested in auditioning will sign up for one (1) adult audition time slot
- Children that are interested in the role of Young Alison will sign up for the Children’s audition and one (1) adult audition time slot
- Children that are not interested in being considered for the role of Young Alison will just sign up for the Children’s audition time slot.
Sign up for you audition time slot(s) here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0545a5aa2ca64-funhome
All auditionees must also fill out the Fun Home Audition Form prior to auditions.
Please make sure to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition time slot.
ALISON – 43 years old, a cartoonist (Range: E3-D5)
MEDIUM ALISON – 19 years old, a college freshman (Range: G3-E5)
SMALL ALISON – around 9 years old (Range: A3-E5)
BRUCE BECHDEL – Alison’s father (Range: A2-G4)
HELEN BECHDEL – Alison’s mother (Range: A3-E5)
CHRISTIAN BECHDEL – Alison’s brother, around 10 years old (Range: C#4-D5)
JOHN BECHDEL – Alison’s brother, around 6 years old (Range: C#4-E5)
ROY – a young man Bruce hires to do yard work (Range: G3-A4 (opt. D#5))
MARK – a high school junior
JOAN – a college student (Range: G3-G4)
PETE – a mourner
BOBBY JEREMY AND THE SUSAN DEYS – imaginary television characters
The roles of Roy, Mark, Pete, and Bobby Jeremy are performed by the same actor. The Susan Deys are played by the actors playing Medium Alison and Joan.
Additional casting information:
-MEDIUM ALISON AND ALISON ACTRESSES MUST BE WILLING TO CUT THEIR HAIR SHORT FOR THE SHOW.
-HELEN AND BRUCE BEING ABLE TO PLAY PIANO IS PREFERRED.
Health and Safety Notice for Auditionees (until further notice and subject to change)
At this time, STC will no longer be requiring proof of vaccination against COVID-19 for auditionees or those that are cast in our productions.
Springfield Theatre Centre will be following guidance from the CDC, IDPH, Hoogland Center for the Arts, and other resources to craft our COVID Health and Safety Production Procedures. These procedures will be distributed to all individuals involved in the production at the initial cast and staff meeting and whenever procedural changes have been made to reflect the current climate.