Springfield Theatre Centre’s youth organization, Active and Creative Teen Theatre (ACTT) is excited to bring You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown LIVE and IN PERSON this summer!
When your Charlie Brown, being a good man is hard work. What’s even harder is figuring out what that means. With school, baseball games, glee club, and taking care of man’s best friend, he’s got a lot on his plate. However, he has a good group of friends who are trying to figure out the same thing. Join Charlie and the gang on stage this summer as they discover what Happiness is really all about in You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
Auditions will be Saturday, May 15th from 10:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. with a break for lunch. Video auditions will also be accepted. If needed, callbacks will be Sunday May 16th. Show will be cast the evening of May 16th.
Sign up for an audition slot here: www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d48aeac28a4f85-actts
1) Review the character and show summary sheet.
2) Fill out an audition form and submit it. Please include ALL conflicts between May 15th and August 1st, including weekends.
3) Choose a song (30-60 seconds in length) for your vocal audition. Click here for song cuts from the show. You may choose one of the provided song cuts but any Broadway song is acceptable. Sheet music is required for all auditionees. An accompanist will be provided. If you are submitting a video, please use accompaniment tracks – available on Youtube!
4) Review the choreography for the dance audition. Click here for tutorials for both auditions and the tap callback (for Linus, Sally, and Snoopy). Our choreographer will go over it once at auditions, but you will be expected to have learned it beforehand. If you are submitting a video, please include a full-body recording of you performing the dance.
5) Review the audition readings for the part or parts you are interested in. Click here for audition cuts. If you are submitting a video, please choose up to 2 readings to include.
VIDEO AUDITIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 7 P.M. ON FRIDAY, MAY 14TH. Submit videos to this dropbox account! Please introduce yourself with your name, age, height, and whether or not you can tap. Be sure to rename your video with your first and last name when you upload it!
If you have any questions, please contact Director Amberlee Southwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cynthia Higginson at email@example.com (adult mentor).
Charlie Brown – Appearing 15-18, the protagonist of our story, potentially male or female, riddled with insecurities, often depressed, older brother to Sally, lovable; Baritone: B-flat2 to F4
Sally Brown – Charlie’s snarky younger sister, has a crush on Linus and interest in philosophies; Soprano: B3 to A-flat5
Lucy VanPelt – Appearing 15-18, known for her bossiness, notably crabby, very matter of fact yet dramatic, Linus’ big sister; Alto/Mezzo: G3 to Fsharp5
Linus VanPelt – Appearing Sally’s age, very attached to his blanket and sucking his thumb, acts the youngest yet speaks with a certain sage, smart, caring, fairly naive, tap experience preferred but not required; Baritone: B-flat2 to E4
Snoopy – Charlie’s lovable dog with an interest in suppertime, easily pleased and distracted, occasionally needs to bite things, tap experience preferred but not required; Tenor: C3 to A4Schroeder Klein – Looks to be the oldest, Lucy’s love interest, lover of Beethoven and classical music, charming nerd, quiet, the ability to play piano would come in handy but is not a necessity; Tenor: B-flat2 to A-flat4
REHEARSAL AND SHOW SCHEDULE
Show will run July 30th through August 1st at the Hoogland Center for the Arts. A parent meeting will be held Monday, May 17th at 6:30 p.m. All cast should attend as well. Rehearsals will start around the 1st of June and will be generally Monday-Thursdays, however, a few Saturday rehearsals may be scheduled.